blowing smoke: a blog
 

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Thursday was 4 miles and Friday 2.5, so I'm at 144 for 2008 and 11.5 for June. No miles today as we went berry-picking in Lexington, and the whole heat/driving combo didn't leave much for hitting the gym when I got back. Still taking tomorrow off as I kinda like having a Sabbath, and Monday we renew the quest. I think I can make it, although I'm not quite on pace.

Watching National Treasure while I take care of things online. Such a campy ridiculous little movie.

The Democratic nominee is finally decided, and congrats to Hillary for a gracious concession speech. Will she end up having worked so hard just to become a Secretary? I hope she does either go to the Cabinet, or put all this energy into legislation to make her and Obama's promises happen.

The money involved in this election is ridiculous. Obama's got more stashed for the general election than McCain's raised, and McCain's speech-giving weaknesses are already hampering him. But there's already been a few hundred million spent on this, and at least two hundred more will be. This could lead to one upside of rising commodity prices - while I don't think oil and food resalers are usually good citizens, if they take up more money from campaign budgets for logistics, less money will go to advertising and political consultants, who are much more parasitical on the body politic and economic. One can hope, anyway.

The Chinese history lectures are interesting - I've made it through 5 dynasties so far. And the one that lasted only 14 years reminds me of the Bush administration - putting the resources of the entire government to further the whims of the ruler. Oh well almost done with this regime - bring on the succession!

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment