blowing smoke: a blog
 

Monday, May 19, 2008

2.5 miles this morning for totals of 25/108. I think I'm going to count on taking either Sunday or Monday off every week - even if I trusted my willpower it's still a bit much to do it between 1 and 6PM Sunday, and then again Monday morning before 7. So that will be a good day of rest.

Finished Julian May's series, and I enjoyed it much more this time. The only problem was that I forgot specific details from the first subseries that came to light towards the end of the last book. Still it rocked. Now back to God's Politics - we're past Iraq, and while I think the author is still self-righteous and as open to dramatic interpretation and exaggeration as his foes on the Religious Right, I'm finding good nuggets out of this.

I saw Prince Caspian this weekend. The overdone Spanish accents kept me thinking of Inigo Montoya. It was better than I expected, and I'm still trying to decide if I liked it. Acting was terrible, and some lines made me laugh out loud (a few even intentionally!), as did some effects. So if you like Narnia and/or the last movie, give it a shot.

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment