blowing smoke: a blog
 

Monday, May 12, 2008

2.5 miles yesterday and 2 miles today, for 14.5 miles in May and 97.5 in 2008. That's also 38 miles in 33 days since I returned to the gym April 10. My previous spurt was 39 miles in 27 days in January, so I haven't matched that pace, but hey gotta have something to aim for. If I hit 100 miles as expected tomorrow, I'm thinking a large Coke Slurpee for breakfast. (Yes, large Coke Slurpee is the only Slurpee worth drinking, but I added the adjectives to allow less-enlightened disciples to visualize my joy tomorrow morning.)

I saw Forbidden Kingdom last night, starring Jackie Chan and Jet Li. It was actually a lot of fun, after the first 20 minutes that will make you miss the dialogue and acting of Karate Kid 3. And it answers so many late-night dorm conversations along the lines of who would win in a fight between Drunken Master and Crouching Tiger dude - that's right, they're not just the actors, they're basically the same roles. It's probably best just to ignore any dialogue or shot with the white guy who's the "star."

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment