blowing smoke: a blog
 

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

3 miles yesterday lifting me to 23.5/83. I figured out that this weekend I raised my miles/day for the year from .638 to .697 which seemed significant. Of course by not walking today I've already dropped to .692, so maybe I need to focus on bigger-magnitude changes.

Pumped my first-ever $40 tank of gas last night. Ouch. In other news, I took the bus to work this morning.

God's Politics has been an interesting read. I like his counterpoint to the voodoo-economics wealth gospel preached by most political religious groups - I really like his prioritization in the context of Old Testament prophets - but he's really really full of himself. I believe his anti-Bush stance is his personal belief, but it's relentless (and surprisingly repetitive) bashing detracts from the promise of offered solutions rather than politics as usual. He also has a somewhat naive belief that the UN could effectively take over for the US and would be welcomed as liberators - he could be quoting pre-Iraq Cheney with one letter changed. New ideas, yes, but I don't think Iraqis would welcome UN troops keeping the peace and supporting the government any more than Americans. I wouldn't mind being wrong on that point - I just don't think I am. For now, Metaconcert's arrived, so God's Politics will resume after the full Julian May series.

Go Hawks! I like Garnett's Celtics, but I like upsets even more.

posted by Unknown | 3 comments

Comments:
How are you just now hitting 40? Are you driving a moped or do you always fill up on a half tank.
 
I filled up yesterday for $80.00. But then again it's a company truck with a company gas card so .... is there a problem with the price of gas? Laker's in 6 for the championship.
 
Hmm, just revisited this post. You were correct, Craig, that the Lakers lasted 6 games in the Finals as Kobe disappeared faster than you could say "Next Jordan Who?"
 
Post a Comment