blowing smoke: a blog
 

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

2.5 miles this morning, so 8.5 for April and 68 for 2008. And since I renewed my gym membership for $30 (quarterly) last week, each gym visit has cost $7.50. We'll have to see if I can get that under $1 per, or even $.50.

Seems like tax day inevitably brings out all the columnists thundering about how horrible our tax burdens are. I'd never mind paying less, but if we believe there's any benefit to strengthening the weakest link in society, to having resources available to all regardless of "worth," taxes are pretty much what it's going to take. Government could just about always do a better job of handling them, and should improve, but I definitely can't complain about my net. It's funny how we focus on the 15-30% we don't have instead of the 70-85% that's at least partially enabled by the system as it works now.

(Disclaimer: I overwithhold to make sure I don't have to come up with a payment, so this is more of a getting-money day for me, which makes me happy. But the principle still holds on taxes in general.)

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment