blowing smoke: a blog
 

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

2 miles today (hotel treadmill!), making it 14.5 for April and 74 for 2008. Woot woot.

Would a good foreign policy be to pretend we don't have a superior military? If we weren't confident that we could beat any one and probably two large-scale opponents, how would we try to achieve our goals? I know the leadership usually says the military is the last resort (that is almost evil in its willful denial of so much pain), but they move forward knowing they've got it to fall back on. And we do have it to fall back on, but it seems like being the underdog is what leads to creativity and improvements. Just a lil random thought.

Saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall again with another friend - still rocks. I think one of the things I like about Apatow's movies is there's no one to really be against. Everyone's flawed, everyone's got good points, doesn't make every decision OK, but it's just people without the all-too-easy Good and Bad to force our understanding.

There's an ad for some plasma TV that suggests that when the family's all booked up with school and jobs and activities like sports and play, bring them together to watch TV!!! Avoid any of that exercise or meeting other people or education - sit on a posture-destroying couch to mindlessly absorb mass-produced entertainment in silence. God Bless America!

Yeah I'm cynical tonight. It's been 2 days since I saw Wife, and looks like I have 2 more. I'm sure I'll be in a better mood then.

posted by Unknown | 1 comments

Comments:
I'm super proud to see you working out so much more this month! Seeing you healthier lets me sleep easier. Yay Charles!
 
Post a Comment