blowing smoke: a blog
 

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Fado's tavern downtown has a St. Patrick's Day sign outside that says "Green Party Headquarters" like a campaign button. Wanna bet they get more customers than the political Green Party gets votes?

Walked 1 mile yesterday, so 1 mile for March, 54 for the year. I was going to walk this morning, but found out yesterday I had to have 37 scholarship applications ranked by today, so I was up until 3AM getting that wrapped up. No shame whatsoever for sleeping in until 8AM. And now I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's selection meeting - should be a lot of fun.

Watched The Weather Man on Monday night. I have an odd tendency to like Nicolas Cage movies - no idea why. Wife can't stand the movie - no plot. I thought it was an interesting character study, and really like Michael Caine's performance.

posted by Unknown | 1 comments

Comments:
I remember my wife having similar sentiments about The Weather Man. I kind of like watching other people's lives fall apart, however. And the whole bit about his daughter's stylistic choices was funny--in a creepy, I can't believe they're going there kind of way.
 
Post a Comment