blowing smoke: a blog
 

Saturday, January 19, 2008

No workout today - too much to do hosting family and going to the funeral. Was a great day for talking to and catching up with everyone, and the funeral itself was simple and seemed just right.

Politicswise, looks like Romney, McCain, and Clinton had big days. I think more than New Hampshire, Nevada signals Clinton's ability to resurge in the polls (don't call it a comeback!) given Obama's major recent endorsements in the state. I'm glad to see McCain with momentum in the race - I don't see Romney winning enough delegates, and I think if Huckabee gets enough to decide who wins, he'd pick McCain, even if not for reasons I'd agree with. I like McCain much more than Giuliani, and Romney still has something that doesn't sit right with me, much like Kerry in 04. Still rooting for undecided conventions on both sides!

So now the polls have said that Obama's barely favored in 2 states he's ended up losing. Not that I've heard any evidence, but would it be smart strategy for the Clinton campaign to tell all supporters that if contacted for a survey, say they're voting for Obama to create a sense of urgency for Clinton supporters to get them to vote? Like I said, no evidence, but given the odd pattern of similar predictions/results, something's gotta be happening.

On a final note, I think I forget sometimes how much I really like my extended family. The aunts, uncles, and cousins are really great folks. This weekend's made me more than ready for the reunion in July to just get here.

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment