blowing smoke: a blog
 

Sunday, January 06, 2008

"DVDs are harder to burn than books." My wife's opinion on why technology can only improve Williamson County.

Well I was gonna take off from working out today, but then my cousin challenged me to see who could cover more distance in our workouts this week. Well, he made it 2.5 miles this morning, and I ended up with 5 this afternoon, so he's got 2.5 miles to make up already. This should be fun! For the month/year, that puts me at 15 miles.

On a similar note, I'm considering inviting friends and folk to "sponsor" my exercise and pledge per mile or per pound or however they want to towards a good cause. Is that obnoxious? I'd probably suggest a UT scholarship fund, but other sources would still motivate me. Well, most. If there's a nonprofit out there seeking to amend the Constitution to let Bush serve a third term, I don't think I'd want to raise any money for that. I'm interested in any opinions from the gallery.

And Cap'n Mike (Brownbeard on the links) has taken up my blogging challenge, and is posting more or less daily. Read him - he's funny and interesting and despite himself occasionally wise.

Titans up 6-0 in the 3rd quarter - I'd love the upset even though it would be blamed more on Norv Turner's and Philip Rivers' respective incompetencies. Go Vince!

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment