blowing smoke: a blog
 

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Challenge! Cap'n Mike (Brownbeard in the links on the right) has issued a challenge for 2008 blogging. While admittedly I haven't blogged in a few months, his last post mentions that his daughter might be born any day now. She's now 9 months old, so I think I might actually have more momentum. Mike's not home until Sunday night, so I assume the challenge doesn't really kick in until 1/1/08, but momentum is good.

Reading: Bowling Alone by Robert Putnam. Sociological study of why Americans have ceased to join organizations of all types - political, fraternal, vocational. Only a few pages in, but looking forward to it. I've also recently read the Regiment series by John Dalmas, which was far better than expected. Can't remember what was before that. Oh well.

Been on a movie-going streak lately too. This week I've seen Walk Hard and I Am Legend (both better than expected), and Juno and Charlie Wilson's War, which lived up to my expectations for good writing and such. Maybe I'll finally watch Blade Runner all the way through with this kind of momentum. Wouldn't bank on it though.

So there's more, but no reason to use up all of my thoughts on one post.

posted by Unknown | 1 comments

Comments:
I'll let you borrow: The Great Good Places if I can borrow Bowling Alone.
 
Post a Comment