blowing smoke: a blog
 

Monday, December 31, 2007

Can't decide if I'm happy that Vince Young's team made the playoffs in his second year, or upset that they won the critical game after he was injured (he might be back in time for the first round next week). I'll be happy by next week either way.

I'm not a big New Year's fan. It means 1) no more holidays until May, and 2) now that I'm going to the gym, it will be crowded with even more people who are even less committed than me. The feeling of superiority nowhere near makes up for the added traffic on the walking path. Or maybe they'll all join real gyms and leave my Rec Center alone.

Speaking of the gym, no workouts since last Monday. I was feeling fairly sick - allergies, maybe? - and figured not being able to breathe fully would complicate attempts at exercise. Tomorrow I plan to make my return as I've been able to breathe without incident all day.

Saw Risky Business this morning. Interesting flick, although it felt very slow in a way that reminded me of Blade Runner. I'd continue, but I'm pretty sure Andy's already aiming one of his guns at my head, so I should move on. Also saw the first 6 episodes of Weeds, which lived up to its billing. I hope to see the rest before too long.

And yes this post is dated 12/31, but it counts as 12/30 to those of us still awake. Mike, I've got 2 days on ye already, slacker.

posted by Unknown | 2 comments

Comments:
Ummm my birthday is a holiday. ...as is Valentine's day.
 
as is President's Day, Martin Luther King Day, St. Patty's Day...oh, you meant days where you get paid to play guitar hero and watch movies all day. Yeah, none until Memorial Day (of course, there are always sick days *cough, cough*)
 
Post a Comment