blowing smoke: a blog
 

Monday, March 26, 2007

I actually received a spam email with the title "Fraudulent Spam." And the filter let this into my inbox - I don't know if it was rewarding honesty or what.

Team of Rivals continues to amaze. Best nonfiction I've read in I can't remember how long. Speaking of inspirational non-fiction, I watched "Good Night and Good Luck" today - the only black and white movie I haven't fallen asleep during (yes that includes Casablanca). Excellent story. My first instinct is to lament the apathetic American mind that allowed TV to turn from harbinger of truth into a somewhat-censored Girls Gone Wild loop, but I haven't flipped to PBS pretty much since Sesame Street. My Tivo programs are all entertainment, and I rail against the injustice of a Presidential address messing up that programming (in self-defense, I don't consider most presidential speeches to bear any more resemblance to the real world than Heroes, and I usually read them online - I just hate the canned Congressional applause and similar trappings). What's the right balance? How can I make better use of my moving-picture box? Too many questions, never enough time to answer.

I don't believe I have much else to share tonight. 107 days until Harry Potter 7!

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment