blowing smoke: a blog
 

Monday, January 01, 2007

Whoops - missed a month. Two, if you don't count my most excellent substitute. Excellent for her post or because she's baking brownies as I write this? You make the call.

So January 1. Do you think there are more blog entries or gym visits today? I'm guessing blog entries, since the Internet has no concept of holiday hours. Of course, here am I (and not at the gym ;-)), so I guess I shouldn't be throwing stones. Not that that's ever stopped me.

I finished 2 of the alternate-history Roman Empire trilogy, and will get back to the third. But I wanted to read Eragon before seeing the movie. The book was pretty good, as was its sequel Eldest, but I think it's a good thing I haven't seen the movie yet. They can't all be Lord of the Rings, I suppose. Jeremy Irons is starting to be a pretty good indicator of pretty bad movies, though. I know The Time Machine and Dungeons&Dragons were both so he could build a castle (yep, he built 2) - I wonder if he decided he needed a third.

The Rose Bowl's on TV right now. I like watching the 2 teams who lost the Rose Bowl to us the last 2 years playing for the "title". Seriously, UT should still be considered Rose Bowl champs until someone we didn't show up wins. We'd be willing to surrender the Alamo Bowl title, I'm sure.

Welcome to 2007! May we all blog at least as much as we make it to the gym.

posted by Unknown | 1 comments

Comments:
Man I have been on a history kick. Mayflower, Benjamin Franklin, His Excellency, 1776, State of Denial, Thunderstruck, River of Doubt and Team of Rivals.... I'm finishing a Prayer for Owen Meany Irving fiction.. Gym, i'm in the car lifting my ice water...

Typical UT fan the championships come so far and few that you have to savor them for the next ten years while other teams keep putting hte big boys on the field..Go Alamo Champions...I think Brent Musburgerhead had it right USC lost to Vince Young last year...he really said that.
 
Post a Comment