blowing smoke: a blog
 

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Well I'm at least staying true to my resolution to blog at least as often as I go to the gym. :-) To be entirely honest, there's just not much to blog about. I keep thinking of little tidbits to share, and then forgetting them - I'll try to do better with that. But I'm working a lot, and I doubt any of you want to hear about the complexities of attributing the same data across four reports for multiple date ranges. See, I put myself to sleep right there.

I continue to despair a bit about political rationality. I regularly visit Larry James' blog about his work for Central Dallas Ministries. The conservatives state that non-conservatives obviously don't understand economics, and then complain that other commenters "insult" them. The liberal side calls anyone who disagrees with government programs greedy. I'm discounting several very rational posters from both sides, and Larry himself, who is more concerned with helping the poor by any method available, but the flamers tend to take over commenting. The only political sites I have seen that aren't like this start with the posters themselves flaming, and then the commenters jump in. Even more than discouraging me from wanting to be in politics (which would seem like a doubtful road for me regardless), it discourages me from working for government agencies that could do more good than my current marketing support job because these people would be my boss. Visigoths, we await your invasion and welcome your overlordship.

On the plus side, I'm second in my NFL pool, and looking good to hang on. Woot!

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment