blowing smoke: a blog
 

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

As the last in my taking-a-break-from-the-history-book interruptions (less than 100 pages to go!), I'm reading Far Horizons. It's an interesting concept - take big modern-day sci-fi writers, and ask them to write a new short story/novella in the world they're best known for. The stories are good, and it identifies new series for me to read in the future. Good combo.

This weekend we're going to Indiana for Wife's big family reunion. It's outdoors at a state park all day Sunday. Of course it's supposed to snow Thursday. Now anyone who knows me knows I like it cold, but when the reassurance is "It will just be frozen sleet by Sunday," well I'm a little worried. We'll see what happens. Fortunately, while also somewhat polar, Wife is a cold wimp long before I complain. :-)

posted by Unknown | 4 comments

Comments:
Where are you in Indiana? I was there all last week. And although there was no snow on Thursday, it was quite cold! But I knew that it would be a while before I got to see that kind of weather again, so I took advantage of it and walked to the mall instead of taking a cab. I love cold and sunny but when it's dreary and rainy, no thanks! Hope you guys are having a good trip!
 
Charles never updates.
 
At least Charles has a blog.
 
Technically Laura has a blog too, remember? Why doesn't that count? Because Laura doesn't update. And neither does Charles.
 
Post a Comment