blowing smoke: a blog
 

Friday, May 26, 2006

Well, this is a first - I am blogging from Oklahoma, Woodward to be exact. The hotel has hi-speed Internet, which surprises me, since the whole town didn't get dial-up until a few years ago (I almost called it slo-speed, but realized I should reserve that term for DSL). My mother's side meets every year or every other year up here (since Grandma can't travel), and it's usually a pretty good time. Especially since Nelwyn brought the PlayStation. :-)

Finished Assassin's Apprentice, which was excellent fun. Looking forward to the rest of the trilogy.

I'm hearing almost everyone I know who pays attention to politics and is under 40 talking about the need for a third party. Not that any of these people have any political positions in common. Just bring up abortion and watch the platform crumble. Don't get me wrong - I greatly respect these people (I'm one of them), but I don't see how the practical obstacles will be overcome. At this point, I'm focusing on what I can do for my family, my neighborhood, and hopefully my church when I find one. Politics can take a back seat.

My wife is amazing. Just the fun of being with her, of traveling with her all day and still wanting to be around her to hear what she's gonna say next. She rocks.

It's late - I should sleep. Stayed up last night watching 8 Mile (pretty well-done film) so got maybe 5 hours of sleep if I was lucky. And then 9 hours in the car, although the CRV made it much more enjoyable (and my passengers put up with one run-through of the Buffy Musical CD).

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment