blowing smoke: a blog
 

Friday, May 19, 2006

Starting Robin Hobbs' Assassin trilogy for a quick foray back into fiction. Doesn't the word Assassin suggest light and fun reading?

I'm torn today. Part of me wants to go see DaVinci Code just to protest the protesters. I don't want to paint with too broad a brush, but the Christianity they proclaim as truth is a greater danger to Christ's teachings than any self-proclaimed fiction ever written. On the other hand, I also believe Dan Brown deliberately triggered this reaction to increase sales of the book and movie, and that just sucks. So, in the battle of which idiot do I get to work against, I think I'm working against Dan Brown for the moment since I hear the movie's pretty awful (currently 17% on RottenTomatoes.com). If I hear better things, I might see it eventually, especially since Gandalf's supposed to be the only piece of the movie worth watching. You! Shall! Not! Decode!!!

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment