blowing smoke: a blog
 

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Whoops - forgot a book. Andy will appreciate the irony that I forgot about Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, which is the basis for the movie Blade Runner that I never stay awake through. Good book, though, although I'm not 100% certain that the ending has the meaning big fans say it does (don't want to say more for fear of spoiling it).

Went to see Lion King touring show this weekend - it was pretty good. Probably one of the best shows I've seen since ... well, I don't remember enjoying one this much since W;t.

I saw today the majority of Americans favor citizenship for longtime illegal immigrants - there's some obstacles to be overcome in the interests of fairness and effective government, but I don't see how we can not keep trained people who are already a significant piece of our economy. Not to get into a full where-I-stand, but it seems democracy can only be effective when the government is viewed as of the people (a collection of people making decisions, not an entity itself) and for the people (impacting individual people, not faceless castes or other socioeconomic groupings). If the individuals on both sides treated their peers on both sides of the line as people, I think a lot would change.

That might not have made much sense - I hope it will soon.

posted by Unknown | 1 comments

Comments:
Perfect Clairity my dear brother.
 
Post a Comment