blowing smoke: a blog
 

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Wanna guess what I didn't do along with not posting this morning? That's right, no gym for me. Didn't sleep well last night, so slept in.

Talked to some people today who are going into management/leadership coaching and training. Sounds like a good idea - I'd be curious to know how many executives buy in enough to make good leadership a requirement for managers. All the bad managers I know would just shrug off good advice (if they didn't, they'd at worst be inexperienced managers), so I don't know how much good training will do without the carrot of promotions/raises or the stick of a pink slip.

Yep, work has me that cynical this week.

Things I'm Thankful For: 1) Balloons - Dad apparently bought a balloon the other day, and his chocolate lab was jumping up to his head (Dad's 6'3") trying to burst it and finally managed to. The other dogs apparently looked on, disturbed that one of their number had so little dignity. 2) That cats don't eat as wide a variety of everything as dogs.

What I've Learned: 1) Turtles are apparently easy to kill but difficult to maneuver (Life of Pi is a great book!). 2) My editorial skills are sufficient to be recognized in the Blogosphere (see the link to HappyTheMan at right).

posted by Unknown | 1 comments

Comments:
And cats have a tendency to poo in the same place where dogs have hugemongesque dumps anywhere they want in the yard.
 
Post a Comment