blowing smoke: a blog
 

Monday, July 11, 2005

Accountability: Made it to basketball Thursday night after racquetball, which was exhilarating but also made me take off Friday. So not much exercise on the weekend, but played racquetball today. So woohoo!

Had an early birthday party Saturday night - Dave & Buster's is much fun. And it's been far too long since I had Ruby's BBQ. Thanks to everyone who came, and Fiancee for putting it together.

Wedding details are really getting knocked off left and right - I'm hoping I can finish any legwork we need this week as my job becomes more demanding next week. It's going to be fun.

Reading: Well, knocked off Order of the Phoenix this weekend - it is really, really good. Has me all kindsa salivating over Half-Blood Prince coming out on Friday. Between now and then, I'm catching up on some magazines (Mental Floss is amazing!) and reading more of Montaigne's essays.

Also I've noticed I have a tendency to complain. I don't blame myself too much - I think it's a societal thing, but that's no excuse. So I'm gonna try to include something I'm glad about in these entries. Today I'm glad about: 1) Laura 2) the publisher who finally didn't reject JK Rowling

What I've Learned (if I'm adding a list of 2 entries, this is being cut down to 2 entries): 1) Nobody ever actually has nothing to do. 2) Wedding bands may look like commodities, but they have to be individually custom-ordered. (cough)racket!(cough)

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment