blowing smoke: a blog
 

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Only one month until what would have been the highlight of my summer.

Accountability: Was heading to the gym when something else came up. It's not an excuse, but I'm OK with my decision. Playing some basketball tonight - I can't wait!

A career change is a very odd thing to think about. Starting to play with it more in my mind - dunno if I have the cojones to move on it quickly, but starting to figure out areas I'd like to move in. I think it'd have to be something related to education, and probably focusing more on bringing bad schools up to par than enhancing the good schools. I'm glad people are working on the enhancements - the goal needs to keep moving, and I know how much I benefited from Honors/AP programs - but I don't think that's what would motivate me.

3 Things I've Learned: 1) The email alert for Harry Potter 7 is already available (yes, I'm on it). 2) I'm apparently the only person who enjoys decorating the top of my cube wall (2 fake plants and a picture of Provincetown). 3) Email addresses that reference wizards are considered unprofessional.

So I had an idea for a game that I dunno if it would work, or if it's even already a game, but could be simple and amusing. 2 decks of cards - one has a situation, one has a superlative or other measure (best, wackiest, most creative, least likely, most violent, what Dumbledore would do). 1 card is drawn from each stack, and everyone except for a judge has to say how someone could respond to the Situation that tries to fit the Measure on the respective cards. For example "Someone is stealing your bike." could have responses of "Wait for the extra-terrestrial in the basket to float it back to me." or "Jump on the purple elephant next to me and chase it down." I think I'd need someone much more creative to help write and flesh out rules here, but it seems more creative and no less obvious than a lot of games being sold these days. Just a thought.

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment