blowing smoke: a blog
 

Monday, June 27, 2005

Accountability: Well, only one other guy showed up for basketball on Saturday and neither of us actually had a basketball, so not much working out for the weekend, but I think I earned that. This morning, made it 2 miles in 17:20 on the elliptical, plus 3 sets of arm curls and 4 of leg presses (upping the weight to 230 - that's gonna leave a mark). And as of Saturday, I'd lost 8 pounds in 8 days, down to an oh-so-svelte 331.

Karate Kid II was on USA this morning - was Miyagi trying to imitate Yoda with those grimaces? Kept looking for Frank Oz's sleeve coming out of him. I really liked some bad movies when I was a kid - I'm sure some think my taste is no better now. On a possibly related note, Bewitched was pretty good Friday night - another movie Will Ferrell didn't make stink.

While we're on the 80s, why was Donkey Kong named Donkey? He was a gorilla, and there was no donkey anywhere in the game. And how did neither Shrek movie not make a joke about this?

Had lunch with a guy who helps out the Christian Service Center at University Avenue church of Christ - looks like I might be helping them build a database. Since, ya know, I have nothing else to do with getting married and a possible job change. As I told my dad, juggling's no fun with just one ball.

What I've Learned: 1) Database design is apparently not actually instinctive. 2) I have gotten good reviews from the last 3 interviews I thought I bombed. 3) The store's in good shape, but apparently no one's keeping an eye on how clean the merchandise is at Target.

posted by Unknown | 1 comments

Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment