blowing smoke: a blog
 

Friday, June 24, 2005

I don't have my speakers hooked up at work, so I can't guarantee the quality, but the concept of Statler&Waldorf reviewing movies is great.

Continuing the confusion of real life and the Internet, a minor-leage baseball team is letting fans "play" the first 2 innings of a real game on a video console. Someday there will be a video game where you control a character as s/he plays a video game. Although I would be in favor of making kids physically play a quarter of basketball or an inning of baseball before finishing the video game.

Apparently Texas Governor Goodhair was overheard saying "Adios, Mofo" when he thought the cameras were off. He claims it was a joke directed at his aide, but he was also apparently upset with a reporter, so who knows. Where is the radical right protesting such vulgarity?!? Oh, that's right, Republicans already have their pew cred.

btw if you're a basketball fan, I hope you saw Game 7. Tim Duncan finally played like a superstar, taking over the game far more than his stats show. Great game from the Pistons, too - I don't think they lost. Awesome defense, good shooting, generally good coaching (why they let Manu in the lane for a layup in the last minute is beyond me). And now that has to last me through another Summer of Sports Desolation. That is, after UT wins the College World Series this weekend.

Accountability: An hour of outside basketball last night - was playing pretty well, unfortunately a neighborhood group had reserved the court at 7PM so we had to leave. And played racquetball this morning, continuing my amazement at Steve's ability to adapt to and dominate any sport he tries.

What I've Learned: 1) It's more often the first idea accepted than the best. 2) Most sportscasters have all the intellectual consistency of a redistricted politician. 3) There are too many cool books to read to spend even this much time at work.

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment