blowing smoke: a blog
 

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Accountability: Played racquetball today (well, I don't think my performance merited the description "playing" but I chased a ball fruitlessly around a small room). This is starting to turn into a little streak of sorts. Of course, that probably jinxed it.

This (no login required) has got the be the best response to the eminent domain decision next week. It's a hotel I'd invest in. Yes, yes, I know, the decision was more nuanced than this, but what would happen if this goes to court? Can any judge objectively evaluate a case involving a Supreme Court justice?

There are a lot of bumper stickers encouraging us to be aware of motorcyclists. I'm usually in favor of this, but then I saw the guy weaving in and out of cars this morning, even cutting people off. Don't get me wrong - we should always be watching out for anything in the road, but if a motorcyclist is going to zip all over the road, a driver who can't react in time shouldn't be held liable if anything happens.

What I've Learned: 1) If dinosaurs are direct ancestors of birds, some scholars think chicken would no longer be kosher. 2) Winning a College World Series is great, but I wouldn't mind winning a title non-fans would remember longer than a day. 3) Rescheduling is a slippery slope.

posted by Unknown | 1 comments

Comments:
With regard to the World Series...I'm not a fan, and I still remember after two days.
 
Post a Comment