blowing smoke: a blog
 

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Accountability: Made it to gym last night. 3.65 miles in 30 minutes, plus the weights. My usual leg press machine has my back horizontal so my legs are pushing up - that machine was broken last night, so I got on one where you sit normally and push out: much harder! But good effort, I suppose.

Enjoying Montaigne. Many thoughts from the first essay will be posted over the next week as I have time to review. Kind of a serial book report thing.

Does anyone else think it's a really bad thing that jobs are expected to be more than 40 hours now? I applaud people who really enjoy their work and whatever time they get to spend there, but it seems that we're caught up in the scorekeeping of productivity and stock value rather than activities that make lives better. I think I've hit this before, and I'm betting I come back to this angle again, but it just depresses me. Glad my job right now is a pretty straight 40.

What I've Learned: 1) Everyone knows something is different in my appearance, but very few people realize it's the goatee being gone. 2) Taking it easy is a lost art. 3) You never want to turn off a UT game before the last quarter/inning.

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment