blowing smoke: a blog
 

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Accountability: Actually made it to the gym last night. 2.16 miles in 19 minutes (no idea why I stopped at such un-round numbers), 3 reps of 8 curls at 100, 90, and 60 pounds, and 4 sets of 8 leg presses at 180 (2 together, 2 alternating). Soreness. Worked most of that out playing racquetball today, though, even if I still can't win a single 7-point game.

This is an interesting experiment in applying capitalism creatively to real problems on an individual level. And as a techgeek, this is pretty cool - I'll be curious to see if anyone can cross Gates and live to tell about it.

What I've Learned: 1) I can read a book on an elliptical without ruining it as long as it tends to lie open. 2) I don't always know as much about my job as I think I do (this might apply to other areas of life, but I'm not willing to concede those yet). 3) Even a job you love needs to be enjoyed in moderation to prevent burnout.

Nothing deeper today.

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment