blowing smoke: a blog
 

Monday, May 16, 2005

Called a computer company that might remain nameless last night to address an issue on my fiancee's computer (I'm so ready to be married - wife is much easier to type than fiancee, and I a typo of a missing 'e' won't change my sexual orientation). The card bay doesn't work - we've verified that 2 cards work in another laptop but not this one. So I talked to "Richard" (I'll believe that one the next time I run into a drawling good ole farmboy named Rajiv) for 2 hours as he had me download diagnostics (poorly as the many files overran the desktop) and run them, and implied that only an idiot wouldn't have every CD that came with the computer right there available, and tested everything including the BIOS only to come to the conclusion ... that the card bay doesn't work.

And this is the service we get with a warranty. No offense to those I know who work there, but if they have so much customer service to do that they put up these kinds of roadblocks on my time and effort, maybe there's something wrong with the product. If only its rivals didn't have more wrong. Go quality!

posted by Unknown | 0 comments

Comments: Post a Comment